The Town of Cary dog parks provide a place for dog owners to let their pets run free safely and legally without a leash.
Cary Dog Park at Robert V. Godbold Park: 2050 Northwest Maynard Road
The dog park at Godbold Park is approximately one acre in size and located near the corner of Maynard and Chapel Hill Road.
Cary Dog Park at Jack Smith Park: 9725 Penny Road
The dog park at Jack Smith Park is approximately two acres in size and located near the corner of Penny Road and Holly Springs Road.
Annual Memberships & Day Passes
Pet owners can purchase an annual membership or day pass by clicking on the registration link below to complete a DocuSign form and easily upload rabies verification. Membership cards and day passes allow entry through the electronic gates at both parks.
- Complete and sign the Cary Dog Park Registration Form and Rabies Verification
- Review Cary Dog Park Rules
The application materials you completed will be sent directly to our Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resource department. You will be notified upon receipt with further instructions and payment. **Special Note: Our facilities remain closed during the Covid-19 situation, we ask that you please allow 3-5 days for processing. At that time, the card will be mailed to you. Thank you for your patience.
The dog park card access system allows the Town to:
- Require proof of vaccinations for the health and safety of humans and dogs
- Offset operating costs through memberships and fees
- Track usage to plan for the future
- Promote registration of dogs within Cary