Potholes, Damaged Sidewalks and Hazard Trees

Three ways to report potholes, damaged sidewalks and hazardous trees/hanging limbs:

During wet winter weather months, we will work to provide a temporary cold patch to repair potholes on Cary maintained streets by the next business day. Potholes on state maintained roads in Cary will be reported to the N.C. Department of Transportation.

Streets by Ownership

This map displays streets in Cary which are color coded by the owner of the street. To open the legend, select the double arrow in the top left corner of the map. For assistance with using the map, see the map help page.

View larger version of this map

Street Sweeping

Residential streets are swept every three months. Main thoroughfares are swept 10 times a year.

Storm Drains

Storm drains located in the curb are designed to quickly remove stormwater from the traffic lane through an underground pipe system. Materials that enter the storm drains, including litter and other pollutants, go directly to area streams and not to one of Cary's wastewater treatment facilities.
Two ways to report stormwater pollution:

  • Call (919) 469-4030, Monday - Friday between 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. or after hours at (919) 469-4012. 

In addition, please keep stormdrains clean and clear of leaves, grass clippings and limbs.

With the exception of driveway pipes, the Town maintains culverts and other stormwater infrastructure in the public right-of-way. If you see a missing or broken storm drain lid, submit a report, or call 311 or (919) 469-4090, Monday - Friday between 7 a.m.-7 p.m. or after hours at (919) 469-4012. 

Street Lights

Duke Energy maintains street lights in Cary. Report outages online or call (800) 419-6356. To request a new street light, call the Transportation and Facilities Department at (919) 469-4030.


311 or (919) 469-4090
Submit a Report