Last updated November 23, 2020
The Town of Cary is under a State of Emergency in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The State of North Carolina is currently under Phase 3 of Governor Cooper's plan to coordinate the state's response and manage activities that promote the spread of infection. Face masks are required at all times whenever someone not in the same household is present, including indoor and outdoor public spaces any time physical distancing of six feet is not possible.
Cary Town Hall and all other staffed facilities, with the exception of the Citizen’s Convenience Center, are closed to the public. Cary programs and events have been canceled until further notice.
What We’re Asking of Citizens
- Stay at home. Please only travel away from your home for essential needs.
- Reserve calls to 911 for imminent threats to people or property.
- Maintain social distancing of six feet from other people when possible, as recommended by the CDC.
- Always follow best practices for good personal hygiene such as hand-washing.
- Wear a mask in public places where it is not possible to social distance, as required by the Governor's Executive Order
- Whenever possible, stay home if you’re sick, and as always, take care of each other in every situation.
Recent Town of Cary News Releases
11/24/2020 9:00 AM
11/23/2020 9:38 AM
11/17/2020 9:00 AM
11/16/2020 11:11 AM
11/13/2020 10:13 AM