Submit applications and plans for the activities listed below on our online plan review portal.
- Commercial – all
- Irrigation – all
- Residential – new construction
- Residential – additions and alterations (standard review)
- Residential - additions and alterations SPOT Reviews (Small Permit One Hour Turn Around) and schedule an appointment for processing. Learn more.
Development Plan Review Process
Citizens and applicants may schedule specified application reviews online. Using our online submittal portal you will be able to submit your application and schedule your review for the following applications:
Commercial Building Permit Express Review:
Express review is a service that allows faster review of most commercial construction plans, including fit-ups and new buildings. Please note: Not all commercial projects are appropriate for an express review.
- Express review meetings must be requested at least one week in advance.
- Meetings are held each week on Tuesdays & Thursdays, with appointments beginning at 1:30 p.m.
- To request an express review, submit your request through the Building Permit Application section of our online submittal portal. Confirmation and further coordination of the express review request will be handled by our express review coordinator.
- For more information, including fees, please see our Express Review Guide.
Development Pre-Application Conference:
A pre-application conference provides applicants or property owners a no-cost opportunity to propose a draft idea (rezoning or development plan) to the Development Review Committee (DRC) and receive feedback before deciding whether or not to proceed.
- Pre-application meetings are held every Wednesday.
- Meetings must be scheduled at least one week in advance.
- To request a pre-application meeting, submit your request through the pre-application conference request section of our online submittal portal.
Comment Review Meetings:
Comment review meetings are an opportunity for applicants to discuss review comments with members of the Development Review Committee regarding a specific development plan.
- Comment review meetings are held every Wednesday.
- Meetings must be scheduled at least one week in advance and can be scheduled directly from your project page.
- Site/subdivision plan (full or sketch)
- Changes to development plan (formerly called minor alterations)
- Preliminary development plans accompanying a rezoning application
Other Applications & Plans
- Pre-application conferences with Development Review Committee (DRC)
- Real estate plats
Development applications may be submitted at any time. Real estate plats should be submitted by Monday afternoon (5 p.m.) to be included in a given review cycle.
Application and Filing Fees
Some applications require payment of fees prior to acceptance for review. For applications accepted on scheduled dates, such as plats and development plans, all applicable fees must be paid by the close of business on the submittal deadline.
Payments can be made in person at the Planning and Development Services counter, located on the first floor of Town Hall, or by calling us at 311 or (919) 469-4046 to pay by credit card.
- View the Online Plan Review Instructions.
- Contact the Planning and Development Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling 311 or (919) 469-4046.
- The online portal is optimized for Internet Explorer; some features might not be available when using other browsers.