Business Opportunities

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Selling Goods or Services to the Town

Competitive bidding practices are used as required by North Carolina General Statutes and Town of Cary policies and procedures to ensure that the best value in goods and services is obtained through open vendor competition. In addition, the Town participates in programs that allow the opportunity to purchase under NC contracts and in cooperative agreements with other governmental units.

Qualified bidders are invited to compete for the Town's business by submitting informal quotations or formal responses to Request for Proposals when the Town needs to contract for materials, equipment or services.

Solicitations for construction and repair projects, architectural and engineering work, and all other purchases where the Town is seeking qualified firms and vendors are now being advertised through the North Carolina Interactive Purchasing System (IPS). (Access Cary's listings by scrolling down to and selecting NON STATE - Town of Cary.) In order to receive notices and updates on business opportunities, all interested parties must be registered with IPS on the NC Electronic Vendor Portal (eVP).

Vendor Information

To become a vendor please complete the online vendor application using DocuSign. Contact with a Cary representative is required to complete the application.  DocuSign is an easier, faster and more secure method to process your application. If you are a current vendor with Cary and need to update your information, you may do so by using the same link above. If you have questions or need technical assistance with your application, please email or call (919) 462-3849.

Business Permits

Beer and Wine Permit

Businesses which hold North Carolina ABC Commission permits must apply for a beer and wine permit.

Contact:  Finance Department (919) 319-4552

Door-to-Door Solicitation

A permit to solicit or sell is required for door-to-door solicitation.

Contact: Cary Police Department, (919) 469-4021

Home-Based Business

The Home Occupation Ordinance also applies if a business is located in your home.

Privilege License

New businesses in Cary will not be required to obtain a privilege license in accordance with S.L. 2014-3/House Bill 1050.

The Town’s Land Development Ordinance (LDO) requires that a building permit must be obtained before a business can occupy a commercial space. Please visit our Starting a Business webpage for more details. 

Are you still unsure about what to do? Ask one of our development liaisons to guide you through the process. 

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer