How do I obtain utility service?
To set up or terminate water, sewer and garbage service, call Utility Accounts Customer Service at (919) 469-4050 or visit us at Cary Town Hall, 316 N. Academy St. For problems with the water or sewer system, call (919) 469-4090.
Six Easy Ways to Pay Your Utility Bill:
- Online: Visit http://bit.ly/DigiPay-Aquastar to enroll in our DigiPay/Aquastar portal. Payments are accepted seven days a week, 24 hours a day.
- Bank Draft: Print out the Bank Draft enrollment form and return by mail to: Town of Cary, PO Box 8049, Cary, NC 27512-8049; or scan and send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Phone: We accept Visa/MasterCard payments. Call 919-469-4050 to speak with a Customer Service Representative Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Drop Boxes: These brown boxes are located in the South Entrance Parking lot at Cary Town Hall and in the parking lot at Bond Park Senior Center. Payments are collected Monday through Friday only.
- U. S. Mail: Please send your payments, along with your payment stub, to our remittance address:
Town of Cary
PO Box 71090
Charlotte, NC 28272-1090
- In Person: We welcome your payment in person at the Finance window inside of Cary Town Hall (enter through our South Entrance, which is off Ambassador Loop Road). Our physical address is 316 N. Academy Street, Cary, NC 27513.
The Finance window is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
How much water does the average customer use?
Average usage is approximately 1,800 gallons per month per person.
When is my utility bill due?
The current charges due are payable upon receipt of the bill. Current charges are considered delinquent after the due date. Questions regarding billed charges for service, or payments, should be directed to the Utility Accounts Division of the Finance Department at (919) 469-4050.
What if I can't pay my bill by the due date?
If the amount due for current charges is not paid by the due date, the account will be subject to a one percent penalty, minimum charge $5. All customers will be waived one late payment penalty per calendar year. Waived late penalties will not appear on a bill, so any billed late penalties must be paid.
If you cannot pay the full amount by the due date, it may be possible to arrange installment payments by contacting a Collection Representative at (919) 469-4050.
If I can't pay my bill, will you disconnect my service?
Services are subject to disconnection for nonpayment 10 days beyond the due date. Re-connection requires payment of the full amount due, including late penalties and nonpayment charges.
If you have questions about charges or payments, call Utility Accounts Customer Service at (919) 469-4050.