Beginning November 6, 2017, we’re rolling out some new curbside collection routes across town. As part of our commitment to providing exceptional services, we regularly review and rebalance routes to ensure high efficiency and improved reliability of all collections.
What route changes are going into effect?
- Town-wide curbside collection service will change from a Tuesday through Friday schedule to a Monday through Thursday schedule.
- Some households will have a change in their collection day and/or current Blue or Yellow recycling week. More about recycling and Blue/Yellow recycling schedules.
How do I know if my household's waste collection schedule is changing?
To verify if your household is affected by the route rebalance, search your address on our Curbside Route Rebalance map.
Households with a collection change will also receive:
- Route confirmation letter mailed in September
- Reminder notice and corresponding recycling schedule/calendar enclosed in the mid-October leaf collection mailing. This will have address-specific details to help you know when and how to begin your new schedule.
- Reminder notice with transition details, placed on your trash cart the week of October 30.
How can I get more information?
We know change can be hard, and we're here to assist you with this transition; give us a call at (919) 469-4090 or submit a request should you have further questions.
Following your curbside collection schedule is key in helping our community and crews take part in the safest and most cost-effective solid waste program. We appreciate and thank you for your support as we optimize our routes, keeping Cary a great place to live, work, and raise a family.