Rollout carts for household garbage and recycling that should be rolled to the curb on your collection day. Cary's durable carts are designed for easy rolling and are effective at controlling pests. Truck operators dump the carts using an automated arm.
Yard waste is collected on the same day as your household garbage and recycling. Find out your collection day and recycling week by using our online mapping tool.
Using Rollout Carts Properly
- Place your cart at the curb no earlier than dusk the night before your collection day and no later than 7 a.m. on your collection day.
- Set the cart at the curb with the arrows pointing to the street as indicated on the lid.
- The cart should be placed out of the roadway and away from light poles, mailboxes and fire hydrants.
- Leave ample room between the cart and your recycling bin and yard waste.
- Remove the emptied cart from the curb before 6 a.m. the next day.
Excess garbage that will not fit inside your cart can be taken to the Citizen's Convenience Center located at 313 N. Dixon Ave. at no charge, or, call (9190 469-4090 for a special garbage collection; fee may apply.
Need another cart? The charge for each additional garbage cart is $4.00 per month and will be added to your utility bill. There is no charge for additional recycling carts. To order additional carts, please call (919) 469-4090 or submit a request.
Customers with Physical LimitationsWe offer curbside collection assistance to individuals who, because of permanent or temporary physical disability, are unable to bring their garbage and recycling carts to the curb. This service is provided only to qualified residents. If your doctor feels that you are physically unable to bring your rollout cart to the curb, please print and complete a Curbside Assistance Request Form, including signature and verification from your physician. You or your doctor’s office may return the completed form by mail or fax, listed at the top of the application. The Town will review each individual application for approval.
- See the types of solid waste that are collected for disposal or recycling.
- Read our Frequently Asked Questions.