The Cary Pickleball Association and the Town of Cary host the 4th Annual Cary Doubles Tournament. The tournament welcomes spectators during the championship at no charge.
The tournament will be open to adults, aged 40 or older by December 31, 2017. Players can compete in one single-age category in Men’s Doubles, Women’s Doubles and Mixed Doubles. Age groups will be 40-49, 50-59 and 60+. Age groups will be determined by the age of the youngest doubles player. Registration Deadline is April 26, 2017. Registration limited to the first 100 participants.
Fees: $25 per participant registration fee (includes first event & t-shirt), $5 for a second event.
|Division I | 40+||Men's||Women's||Mixed|
|Division II | 50+||Men's||Women's||Mixed|
|Division III | 60+||Men's||Women's||Mixed|
- Teams will not be seeded. Brackets will be determined by random draw. The format will be double elimination.
- Preliminary matches will consist of 1 game to 15 points (win by 2).
- All medal matches are best 2 games out of 3 to 11 points.
- The “if necessary” match will be 1 game to 21.
- Tournament will be governed by the official USAPA rules and regulations. Tournament committee reserves the right to modify the tournament format as needed.
USAPA Approved Indoor Balls. The tournament will be played indoors on a wood floor.
The event format and schedule will be released one week prior to tournament. Players may need to be available on all tournament days between 8:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. depending on final tournament schedule.
Wednesday, May 10 from noon-5 p.m. OR Thursday-Saturday from 8-8:30 a.m. at Bond Park Community Center.
- A tournament social will be on Thursday evening at TBD. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 9.
- The cost for the social is to be covered by each individual attendee.
- For those wanting to go directly from practice to the social on Thursday, showers are available at Bond Park Community Center (please bring your own towel).
- Brackets will released by Thursday, May 4.
- Courts will be available for practice on Wednesday, May 10 from noon-5 p.m., with individual players yielding priority to practicing teams.
- Bond Park Community Center will open at 8 a.m. each tournament day for check-in and warm-up. Opening statements will be at 8:45 a.m. and match play will begin at 9 a.m. on each day.
- All matches will be held indoors on wooden gym flooring and official USAPA Approved Indoor Balls will be used. All matches will have a volunteer court manager, who will initiate the match and keep track of the score. Line judges will be available for medal matches only.
- A coin toss will determine first choice of service or side.
- Preliminary matches will be one game of 15 points (win by 2). Medal matches (1st and 3rd) are best 2 out of 3 games to 11 points (win by 2). The “if necessary” match will be one game to 21 (win by 2).
- Players will be responsible for the announcement of the score prior to serving. All serves must be underhand with contact of the ball occurring below the waist, and the paddle head must be below the hand when the ball is struck.
- The tournament committee reserves the right to exercise some schedule flexibility, and match times will be adjusted accordingly. Therefore, it is required that all players check in at least 30 minutes prior to their scheduled start time.
Awards for 1st place, 2nd place, and 3rd place.
2017 Tournament Sponsors
Special thanks to all the 2017 tournament sponsors! We are still accepting additional sponsors. Submit a request via the Sponsorship Application Form.