As part of the FY 2012 budget, the Cary Town Council allocated $8 million for capital projects that will aid in the redevelopment and revitalization of Cary's downtown area. This effort will include both public and private investments.
The town purchased the property at 324 S. Academy St., known as the Jones House.
The Jones House is a 2,206 square-foot structure that was originally constructed in 1896. The house sits on a 16,980 square-foot lot adjacent to the Cary Arts Center on Dry Avenue. The Town acquired the property for $601,500.
Plans are to renovate and lease the site as a commercial property.
Downtown Development Manager