At the Town of Cary we focus every day on enriching the lives of our citizens by creating an exceptional environment and providing exemplary services that enable our community to thrive and prosper.
Statement of Values
To achieve our mission, we will uphold the following values:
- Our organization exists to serve our citizens. We will be open, ensure access, encourage involvement and be accountable to our citizens.
- Employees are our most important resource. We will attract and retain the best employees possible and invest in their personal and professional growth.
- We will be honest, ethical and diligent. Our actions will comply with local, state and federal laws.
- We will treat everyone with dignity, respect and fairness
- We will achieve the best results through effective teamwork, strategic partnerships and community participation.
- We will provide outstanding customer service that is polite, friendly and responsive
- We value creative thinking and innovation. We will continue to be nationally recognized for excellence in local government
- We value growth that balances desired service levels, economic benefits and continued stability for our community.
- We are cost conscious. We spend public funds responsibly and effectively to ensure the Town’s short- and long-term financial strength.
- We are committed to proactive, comprehensive planning to guide the future of our community
- We will preserve and protect our environment. We will be good stewards of our finite natural resources.
Adopted by Town Council August 22, 2006