POLICY STATEMENT 10
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
PREPARED BY: Renee Poole, Director of Human Resources
ADOPTED BY COUNCIL: 10/30/14
To adopt an official administrative regulation for the Town of Cary pertaining to equal employment opportunity.
This policy, upon approval by the Town Council, shall be applicable to all Town employees and applicants for employment, until such time that the policy statement is altered, modified, or rescinded by the Town Council.
1. By policy and preference, the Town of Cary reaffirms its continuing commitment to afford all qualified individuals an equal opportunity to compete for employment and advancement with the Town. To assure equal employment opportunity, there shall be no discrimination or preferential treatment concerning any qualified individual because of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, religion, political affiliation, pregnancy, disability or other characteristic that has no relationship to job performance.
2. Procedures designed to reinforce the policy statement in paragraph 1 shall be developed and administered by the Director of Human Resources. The Town Manager may require the Director of Human Resources to submit periodic reports to him or her concerning equal employment opportunity goals.
3. This policy is provided to assure the effective application of the Town’s non-discrimination and equal opportunity policy and to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and government regulations.
4. It is the obligation of the Town Manager and each department head and supervisor to conduct him/herself in conformity with the principles of equal employment opportunity. All personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, demotion, transfer, recruitment, advertising, pay changes, selection for training, reduction-in-force and separation shall be made without regard for race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, religion, political affiliation, pregnancy, disability or other characteristic that has no relationship to job performance
5. Any employee or applicant for employment, who believes that he or she has not been treated consistent with the Town’s policy for equal employment opportunity, is encouraged to contact the Town Manager.