Share Your Talents to Make a Difference in Cary
- Apply now through June 30 to serve on a Cary Town Council board, committee or commission.
- Appointments and terms begin this fall; members serve for three years except where unexpired terms are being filled.
- Complete applications online.
Cary, NC – Citizens interested in influencing what happens in the Town of Cary can apply now through June 30 to serve on a Cary Town Council board, committee or commission. By joining a board, committee or commission, citizens advise the Town Council on various issues in order to assist the council in making informed decisions and formulating policy.
This year there are vacancies across eight boards, including:
• Economic Development Committee
• Environmental Advisory Board
• Historic Preservation Commission
• Information Services Advisory Board
• Parks, Recreation & Cultural Resources Advisory Board
• Planning and Zoning Board
• Public Art Advisory Board
• Zoning Board of Adjustment
Applications are accepted through June 30 and can be completed online: appointments and terms begin this fall. All appointments are for three-year terms except where unexpired terms are being filled. For more on each advisory board, committee or commission, and to apply, visit “Boards, Committee and Commissions” at www.townofcary.org or call (919) 460-4941. And for a full list of volunteer opportunities with the Town of Cary, visit the Connect and Engage section of www.townofcary.org.
Virginia H. Johnson, Town Clerk, (919) 460-4941
Carrie Roman, Public Information Specialist, (919) 481-5091
Deanna Hawkes, Deputy Public Information Officer, (919) 380-4240